Thursday, December 11, 2008

Deacon... a few more messes, by Tina

So, my visiting teachers were over today and as I was telling them about some more of Deacon's crazy messes I thought... I haven't put these stories up on the blog for my family to see. So, here we go:
Matt went shopping and came home with cookies (best way to a little boys heart). Matt put the package up on top of the counter, on top of the microwave, thinking that was plenty high. It didn't take Deacon long. Matt came downstairs to a floor full of cookies with one or two bites taken out of them. Apparently they taste better if they are whole, so Deacon tried all of them.
Deacon likes to drink (non-alcoholic, of course). He loves fruit juice most, and then Gatorade. And when we got some pomegranate 7UP to try- yup, he loved that. As you can see.

Having Deacon around guarantees that my kitchen and dining room floor are always a mess- he has no problem getting into anything that strikes his fancy. The next photo demonstrates just that- he has a bit of a sweet tooth, and if nothing else is available than what could be better than powdered sugar?
We thought we'd let you see just how much he enjoyed it for yourself:

So, it makes me sad now to realize all the photo ops I've missed. There was Deacon trying to eat the stamp ink pad yesterday (needless to say, I'm glad I caught him before he touched anything), the apple juice fiasco, and especially I'm sorry I didn't get the frosting episode on tape. Lets just say- if you buy a tub of chocolate frosting remember to put it on the highest shelf of the kitchen. Chocolate frosting from head to foot, all over my white carpet, the walls, the floor, the stroller... what fun! Like my dad always says, "Single life was never like this!!"

3 comments:

Julie said...

Your blog is so cute! I found it through Salina's blog and I love keeping up with everyone so I hope you don't mind if I follow it! Hope everything is going great for you guys and we miss you!

Crystal said...

I love the video clip. He's so funny!! Definitely a red head!

Erin said...

You guys are saints! Much more patient than I would be, I think :) It helps that he's just so cute, though--how can you get mad while looking at that face??