So, I decided that this video is a very good look at what life feels like without daddy. Upside down!
We spent the time a lot of time running back and forth to Deacon's school, McKinnon's preschool, and doctors appointments as we approached Deacon's 3rd birthday. Deacon graduated
from Early Intervention in May and moved up into the Special Needs Preschool run by the school district. Let me tell you- putting your 3 year old on the bus the first time... a bit nerve racking. Here are some pictures of Deacon's last day in his E.I. class:
Here he is at music time- his favorites? 5 Little Monkeys Swing in a Tree, and Baby Fish.
And here is Deacon and his favorite teacher: Mickel
We decided to celebrate Deacon's 3rd birthday a few days early so that daddy would be there, so we went to the place that we thought Deacon would enjoy the most (in Utah, at least)- Chuck E Cheese. All the games, and lights, and music- plus fries! Needless to say, he had a good time, despite the pained look on his face:
McKinnon has had a busy few months too. Not only have his reading skills grown in leaps and bounds, he has also discovered drawing and writing is not so bad. He is getting so excited about going to Kindergarten, and graduated from pre-school at the end of May (although now he is missing it so badly he keeps telling us he doesn't want to graduate any more!) True to form, McKinnon was a character during pre-school graduation- what a goon!
And Lily? She has been growing, and growing, and growing. Not long before I had her I was telling someone that I don't have really chubby babies. I should have added a ... "yet" in there. One of my neighbors swears Lily puts on another pound every time she sees her. What can I say? I must be feeding her straight cream! She is as cute as a button! And what a smile!
Matt and I can hardly believe that we are going to celebrate 8 years of marriage next week. Where did the time go? I guess it is true- time flies when you're having fun!
1 comment:
Your kids are so cute. Sounds like life has been busy. Hope you have fun in New Zeland
Post a Comment