Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Vista Rant

So, I was all ready to write another post about our Italy trip. I had noticed that I was quickly using up our disc space allotted for photos. So, I figured I would shrink the photos a little bit before posting. Now with Windows XP, you could download a powertoy to easily resize a photo from Windows Explorer. All you had to do was right click on the picture, select resize and pick your size.

Well, that feature is no longer available on Vista. What replaced it is the ability to resize photos only when emailing them. So, now I have to right click, send to, mail recipient. Then I select the picture size. Then I have to set up everything for a Windows Mail account. Then I need to add fake text for a fake email, then I get my picture attached to an email. Then I can drag it back to Windows somewhere. Congradulations, Microsoft. You just took away another feature I use and made it harder to get a simple task done.

2 comments:

Marcie Francis said...

Just get a Mac, and all your problems will be solved. It really is that easy. You'll never need to "vista rant" again!

Matt Smith said...

I am seriously considering it. If they weren't twice as expensive as PCs and if I hadn't just purchased a new computer, I probably would. Maybe when a need a new one in 4 years or so. Until then, I guess I can keep complaining.