So, I have to say that one thing I really enjoyed in Italy was the food - especially the Pizza. I'm not a big pasta fan, and in Italy, it's either pasta or pizza. Good thing the pizza was incredible. One Sunday, we went to a friend of Tina's brother's family and had a big lunch of homemade pizza:
Cooked in a real brick oven:
Just about every restaurant I went to, I would order Pizza. I tried a few different toppings, too. Elizabeth (Tina's niece) had a Pizza with "Lardo" which translated is Lard. It was basically the fatty part of bacon. I tried a bit and then realized why this is not an option at Pizza Hut.
One of my favorite pizzas was on our last day in Italy: gorgonzola and apple. I had ordered the gorgonzola and pear, but they were out of pear and asked me if apple was OK. I said that would be fine. What was really cool about ordering is that by that time in the trip, I had learned enough Italian that I knew exactly what the server said when she asked me and I knew how to reply in Italian - a proud moment for me.
2 comments:
How cool is it that you got to eat pizza? Oh, and visit Italy? It was fun to see your blog. I am excited to be a little more informed on your doings. I will send you a blog invite so that you can see ours too (if you would like :).
Che cibo! Buon Appetito!
(Soooooo jealous right now!)
Post a Comment